Monday, May 11, 2015

Restored Marbled Bathroom in Westminster

You may remember an earlier job I wrote about concerning a Limestone tiled floor in Westminster, well I am pleased to say that the owner of that property was so happy with my workmanship that I was called back to restore their Marble tiled bathroom which included a sink unit.

Cleaning Marble Tiles

When working with polished stone it is necessary to burnish the floor however in this case the tiles were in good condition with no scratches in the polish. There were only a few marks and spots on the tiles that needed to come off and they had lost their glimmer however a full burnish would not be necessary.

To remove the spots and marks I treated them first with a solution of Tile Doctor Pro-Clean diluted 4:1 with hot water. I then scrubbed them using a red buffing pad on my rotary floor machine, which removed the marks away from the stone. Then I used a medium burnishing pad with a bit of water and followed it with the use of a fine pad and finally the ultra-fine burnishing pad to revive the shine and polish. I offered to build-up a durable polish with Tile Doctor Shine Powder however the home owner was glad with the end result that had been achieved.

Sealing Marble Tiles

Once the tiles were completely dry I sealed them using Tile Doctor Colour Grow which is an infusing sealer which occupies the pores of the stone and also improves its natural colours in the process.

Once I finished up the floor, I carried out the same process on the Marble sink unit using small six inch pads with a hand polisher. All went well and as you can see from the water bubble test in the photograph attached below, the floor is now completely sealed nonetheless there is more work to be done somewhere else in the house and the owner has now booked me in to clean all of their carpets as well.